Public meetings were held January 10, 2018 to bring community awareness to the shortage of child care within the County.
Below are the resources provided at the meetings:
Looking for Child Care in Redwood County?
Review the list of licensed child care providers from SWHHS.
Why is there a shortage of child care in Greater Minnesota?
Listen to a podcast with Marnie Werner, Director of Research in the Center for Rural Policy and Development.
- Center for Rural Policy and Development: Rural Reality-Child Care Shortage
- Center for Rural Policy and Development: A Quiet Crisis MN Child Care Shortage
- Department of Human Services: Kids Can’t Wait
- Redwood County Gap Analysis (pdf)
- Greater Minnesota’s Child Care Center Wage and Rate Survey Results
- Department of Human Services: Status of Child Care in MN 2019
- Parent Aware: Licensing Programs
- Briana Mumme, Redwood County Economic Development Coordinator
- Melanie Guetter, Southwest Health Human Services Licensing Social Worker
- Kara Kuehn, Center for Inclusive Child Care Relationship-Based Professional Development Specialist
- Karen DeBoer, Child Care Aware Regional Coordinator
- Jessica Beyer, First Children's Finance
Interested in Learning More?
Reach out to Briana, Economic Development Coordinator to discuss your needs and what programs may serve your organization.